[asterisk-users] Asterisk sends 486 Busy Here instead of 600 Busy Everywhere

Aadilkhan Maniyar amaniyar at velankani.com
Tue Apr 22 07:41:51 CDT 2008

Hi,

We have a scenario wherein the endpoint needs to send a 600 Busy
Everywhere after receiving an INVITE. I am using SIPp as this end point.
SIPp is configured as UE2.
Now when UE1 calls UE2 (SIPp) receives the INVITE and responds with a
600 Busy Everywhere.
But when Asterisk receives this 600 response it sends out a 486 Busy
Here to UE1.

Ideally Asterisk should be relaying the 600 response. What I fail to get
is, why does Asterisk need to send 486 instead of 600.

Is there any configuration that needs to be done in order to achieve
this or is this a default behavior of Asterisk.

I am using Asterisk 1.4.17.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Aadil