[asterisk-users] Dialplan Visualization (Extensions.conf orDialplan Show)

Martin Smith martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 21 08:34:25 CDT 2008

I've been working on a visualization tool that would be totally open
source and I'd share it now if I wasn't embarassed by how quickly and
shoddily I assembled it. Here's an example of the sample extensions.conf
file that was part of 1.4.19:
http://www.mbs3.org/extensions-conf-sample.jpg
<http://www.mbs3.org/extensions-conf-sample.jpg>

Right now, it doesn't handle any of the quoting escapes that Asterisk
allows, and it shows anything that is an include or a Goto. Eventually I
think it might be neat to just graph all of the dialplan's structure,
kind of like this site explains for web sites:
http://www.aharef.info/2006/05/websites_as_graphs.htm

More soon :)

Martin Smith, Systems Developer
martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
University of Florida
(352) 392-0171 Ext. 221