[asterisk-users] func_curl.so Error on load

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 21 01:46:25 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 07:37:32PM -0700, Chris Brentano wrote:
> When I ran ./configure, which completed successfully, I noticed that it
> complained about the PKG_CONFIG_PATH and not being able to find libcurl:
>
> (lines omitted)
> checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
> Package libcurl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcurl.pc'
> No package 'libcurl' found

Sounds like autoconf not looking good enough. Or a bug in the package
you used.

> Which, was ridiculous that it finished ./configure and didn't error out
> on the spot, since without this small piece of the puzzle Asterisk would
> not run.

It will: libcurl is not required for building Asterisk. Generally for
most of the optional libraries, the confogure script of Asterisk will
silently fail if they are not installed.

I don't think you want to have to install snmp, unixodbc, openh323,
libpri, libvpb and whatever just to get Asterisk built.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com