[asterisk-users] meetme with time condition

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Apr 20 01:36:23 CDT 2008

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, Nhadie Ramos wrote:

> [meet-me-test]
> exten => 600,1,GotoIfTime(11:00-12:00|*|20|Apr?meetnow)
> exten => 600,n,Answer
> exten => 600,n,Festival('Conference is not yet active, please dial in on the assigned time');
> exten => 600,n,Hangup
> exten => 600,n(meetnow),MeetMe(600||600600)
> exten => 600,n,Hangup
>
> and it's kind of working now, except for the Festival I added, i dont
> hear any audio but it's executing it
>
> Executing [600 at context-10000:3] Festival("SIP/10000100-b691a738",
> "Conference is not yet active, please dial in on the assigned time") in
> new stack.
>
> also, how can i limit the time of the conference? on this scenario how
> would it get cut on 12:00? is it also possible to extend the time limit
> even if the conference is already ongoing? thanks alot.

I'm not a big fan of Festival or creating static TTS on the fly.

The last time I looked at Festival (2 years ago), the voices were somewhat
pathetic.

I didn't like creating TTS on the fly because it caused noticeable delays.

I really like Cepstral with Allison's voice font. The "fee" is only US$30
and it would be easy to confuse "TTS Allison" with "real Allison."

1) You could set the absolute timeout for the user before they enter the
conference and then "catch" them with the "T" extension.

2) You could do something external to Asterisk with AMI or parsing the
output from 'asterisk -r -x "meetme list 600"' and doing a soft hangup on
the channels.

3) You could hack up app_meetme.c

Thanks in advance,