[asterisk-users] buying cards from pakistan

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:07:47 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 04:15:32PM +0200, giuliano curti wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:25:19 +0100
>> Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [cut]
>>
>>> I bought an X100p card from ......
>> I have a similar card (X101P Tiger Jet) but seems does not
>> recognize dmtf: external pstn callers cannot select from menu
>> options, that is asterisk doesn't route the ext user selection
>> coming from the channel Zap/1;
>
> While I do agree that those cards are not the best, I believe that DTMF
> issues may not be directly their problem.
<snip />

I can confirm that the card I purchased works fine with DTMF tones :-) I
have a simple IVR setup and can access voicemail boxes etc with no
trouble at all.

I am using the card with zaptel 1.4.9.2 (but a much older 1.4.5 or
similar was fine too) and the OSLEC echo canceller.

My zaptel.conf is this:
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk
fxsks=1

My zapata.conf is this:
; Zapata telephony interface ;
; Configuration file
[channels]
;Hardware defaults for the x100p card
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotrainingwhenbridged=no

cidsignalling=v23 ; Added for UK CLI detection
;cidstart=usehist ; After patching the driver from here :
; http://www.lusyn.com/resources/asterisk/usehist.htm
callerid=asreceived ; propagate the CID received from BT
rxgain=6.0
txgain=6.0

;define channel
context=main_menu
language=en
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1 ;Our x100p

FYI - I have not got CLI detection to work (yet) but I'm not sure if I
have it enabled on my line and it wasn't a priority for me ;-)

But I must say, since I discovered OSLEC, the card has worked a treat!
Not bad for £17.00. Before I tried OSLEC echo was pretty bad.

HTH

Alan
--
The way out is open!