[asterisk-users] Dialplan extension priorities

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Apr 18 15:29:59 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2008 13:48:04 Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Second questions.
>>
>> Well possibly three questions.
>>
>> Can I create in a context a priority that skips a chunk.  The example in
>> Paul Mahler's book indicates so but I'd like to confirm, without/before
>> testing, my code.
>>     This is desired so I can add/remove/augment dialplans/contexts that
>> have a common jump to point.
>>
>> exten => 701,1, ...
>> exten => 701,2, ...
>> exten => 701,n, ...
>>
>> exten => 701,n, GotoIf( ... , 701,33)
>>
>> exten => 701,n, ...
>>
>> exten => 701,33, ...
>>
>> So I can add and and remove lines both before and after the GotoIf  line.
>
> Yes.  The priority n simply means "take the last priority that was used in the
> dialplan and add 1 to it".

Just to clarify (and tie into Moj's response) if my last 'n' works out
to a priority of 20 I _do not_ need priorities 21 through 32.

>> So second part/question.  Is there a "Manual' for * 1.4.x?
>> And the third par/question.  Is the any books out or nearly so that
>> cover * 1.4.  I really hate typing in a bunch of stuff only to find it
>> doesn't work.  :-)
>
> Try O'Reilly for "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony", second edition.

Excellent.  I just down loaded the free version and see it covers * 1.4.

I'll probably order the dead tree version next week.

> Full disclosure:  I assisted in the technical review of the book, and a few
> sections of the appendices are almost completely my contribution.  Not to
> mention some of the modules.

I see you keep popping up on the list! :-)

Thanks to you and Moj for the quick reply.

Rod