[asterisk-users] WAN and LAN connections

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Apr 18 13:21:01 CDT 2008

This is the first of several questions I have but to keep them thread
friendly I'll post each separately.

 From reading the docs I see Asterisk will attempt to bind to all
addresses.  What about all interfaces?  I have a box with two NICs that
I'd like to connect to both the WAN (Internet) and LAN (Office network).
  The firewall/router (Asante FriendlyNet (old one)) the LAN is sitting
behind is pretty simplistic so fancy routing is not an option.  But ...
I'd like to be able to connect from a remote location to the system to
check voicemail or make calls and don't want the overhead of the
firewall and don't want the office Workstation to route out then back in.

Searches using Google and Specific to voip-info didn't really cover this.

So is the reasonable and doable?  What should I search for for more
information on this topic?  Any URL suggestions?

Thanks
Rod