[asterisk-users] DUDE!!!!! was RE: Dialplan Visualization(Extensions.conf or Dialplan Show)

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Apr 18 11:39:29 CDT 2008

Brent Davidson wrote:
> John Signorello wrote:
>> excuse me...
>>
>> But did you not just post
>>
>> [asterisk-users] OT Nice IBM 1U Server Gets Along w/Old and New
>> Digium Boards Cheap X305 $199
>>
>> Did you not provide a link to a COMMERICAL entity?
>>
>> Wasn't your a post a unsolicited post, that is, not in response to a
>> question???
>>
>> There seems to be two standards here.
>>
>> The fact that you do not work for them is immaterial.
>>
>> If your argument is no commercial reference at all, then how do you
>> explain your post?
>>

> I felt like the cogoblue stuff is out of place and off topic, so I agree
> that it should not be arbitrarily posted as a solution to any question
> that it might seem to somehow solve.
>
> However, I do not take exception to the IBM server post, even though
> strict adherence to the rules would probably make it "illegal" as well.

I think most people agree (or a least don't mind too much) if a commercial
product is offered as a possible solution to an OP's query, assuming it is in
fact, within context.

I'll leave it to others on the list to decide if John Signorello's post was
appropriate or not, given the context of the OP's original query, but if someone
posts a query directly related to a product I have to offer, I fully intend to
let them know about it in as least intrusive manner as I can.

Assuming a person's product is directly within context, not offering it as
possible solution could be a disservice to the OP and list in general.

Just a thought...

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."