[asterisk-users] Newbie Polycom: Subscription/Presence Problem

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri Apr 18 08:11:48 CDT 2008

Lee, Picking up the phone does not constitute 'making a call' Asterisk
is unaware of any Sip events until the phone sends it.  Usually the
phone will not send Asterisk any information until it is ready to place
the call (ie you have dialed enough numbers to make a match on your
dialplan (local to the polycom) or you have entered a number or URI into
the phone and hit send.)

The BLF will also show in use if the phone is ringing as Asterisk knows
that there is a call GOING to the phone....

I hope this helps you out...

Alex