[asterisk-users] questions running 2 asterisk under the same LAN

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Apr 17 12:01:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Pete Kay <petedao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know if I am running two machines each with its own Asterisk on my
> LAN, show I change the port of one of the Asterisk to something  like 5061?
> Otherwise, how does an external SIP client ( like IPkall.com) knows how to
> route DID call to Asterisk?   What is the solution for this kind of setup?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your inputs.
>
> Regards,
> Pete

Maybe if you draw a clearer picture of what you have/need.

I guess you only have one public IP and everything is behind a NAT router?

If you have or can get additional IPs, it would make port forwarding
rules on your router easier (if it supports multiple IPs) than
changing ports on the Asterisk boxen, that would probably be my
approach if possible, from what I can gather from your description.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

This link might be of help.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions