[asterisk-users] compilation of asterisk 1.4.19 with ilbc already on system

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Apr 16 15:33:40 CDT 2008

Vieri wrote:

> So basically I'm wondering if the Asterisk
> make/configure process could do steps 1 and 2
> automagically for me.

I can't find any other Linux distribution that provides libilbc, so this
would be a very Gentoo-specific change if we did it. Also, we'll have
the iLBC source code back in the main distribution in the near future
when the licensing issues are worked out, so for everyone else this will
become a non-issue.

Do you see any particular advantage to using the system-provided
libilbc, given that we use it in static (not shared object) form and it
would have to be relinked into Asterisk if it got upgraded anyway?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies