[asterisk-users] Using Chanspy

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Apr 16 12:33:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

I`m trying to use Chanspy for a customer that wants to listen to his
employees so he can train them better (or so he claims).  In any case, it
looks simple but there is something I`m not doing right.

When a call is incoming, I set SPYGROUP using Set(SPYGROUP=1234)

When I use, on another phone, Chanspy(|qg(1234))

Which should allow me to listen to conversations that hit the first (Set
SPYGROUP) line.  Well, it's hit and miss. Sometimes it does, sometimes it
doesn't, and sometimes it even kill me original communication.

What am I missing? Or is Chanspy not working as designed?

Using Asterisk 1.4.19.

Regards,

Mick