[asterisk-users] Two annoying bugs of asterisk ( sip in use and agentcallbacklogin)

Nestor A. Diaz nestor at tiendalinux.com
Wed Apr 16 07:45:45 CDT 2008

Hello Asterisk People,

I have two annoying bugs in asterisk, that i want to know if some of you
have already found a way to fix:

Background: Asterisk 1.4.18.1 Debian package back ported to Debian etch.

1. I use a queue with just on sip device, one call at a time, however
and without reason just after some couple of hours the sip device show
in use and then no calls are transfered from the queue to the sip
device, i do a sip show inuse and this is the result:asterisk -rx "sip
show inuse"
* User name               In use          Limit
200                     0               3
* Peer name               In use          Limit
200                     1/0             3

Simple workaround: delete sip 200 entry from sip.conf, reload sip.conf,
recreate 200 extensions and reload sip.conf

Not so nice thing to do....

2. AgentCallBack

I know i shouldn't have to use this function, since it is deprecated but
lets comment the behavior

Everything works fine, but when there are calls waiting in the queue,
and the agent log in using this function, the agent is able to take the
call , but the system log off immediately after the agent hang up the call.

No solution at the moment, just login in and log in until there are no
waiting calls, for the agent to not be kicked off.

Slds.

--
Nestor A. Diaz
Ingeniero de Sistemas