[asterisk-users] compilation of asterisk 1.4.19 with ilbc already on system

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 15 18:51:57 CDT 2008

Vieri wrote:

> How can I tell the make system in 1.4.19 that ilbc is
> already on the system and that it should link to
> /usr/lib/libilbc.a?
>
> Shouldn't the configure script do that?

No; the Asterisk build system has never had support for using a
system-provided version of the iLBC library.

Whoever provided you that library could easily run afoul of the same
licensing issues that caused us to remove the code from our Asterisk
distribution, and using that library does not obviate you from the need
to register your intent to use the codec if you are using it for
commercial purposes.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies