[asterisk-users] compilation of asterisk 1.4.19 with ilbc already on system

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 12:40:52 CDT 2008

I already have ilbc installed on my system. The files
are:

/usr/include/ilbc/iLBC_decode.h
/usr/include/ilbc/iLBC_define.h
/usr/include/ilbc/iLBC_encode.h
/usr/lib/libilbc.a
/usr/lib/libilbc.la
/usr/lib/libilbc.so -> libilbc.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libilbc.so.0 -> libilbc.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libilbc.so.0.0.0

However, if I do a "make" in asterisk-1.4.19, it will
not detect that libilbc.a is already on the system. If
I manually remove "codec_ilbc" from MENUSELECT_CODECS
in menuselect.makeopts then codecs/codec_ilbc.c will
compile to codec_ilbc.o because it finds the header
files (/usr/include/ilbc/iLBC_{en,de}code.h) but it
will fail to compile to codec_ilbc.so because it will
try to make the ilbc subdir which I haven't downloaded
the ilbc source code to.

How can I tell the make system in 1.4.19 that ilbc is
already on the system and that it should link to
/usr/lib/libilbc.a?

Shouldn't the configure script do that?