[asterisk-users] Unable to load module chan_zap.so

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Mon Apr 14 04:43:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> I am having trouble with chan_zap.so not loading.  When I load it from
> modules.conf, Asterisk bails out without any error message.  When I
> load it from the console, it just says "Unable to load module
> chan_zap.so" no matter what verbose level I am using.
>
> dmesg says:
>
> Zaptel Version: 1.4.4
> Zaptel Echo Canceller: MG2
> Freshmaker version: 73
> Freshmaker passed register test
> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)
> Registered tone zone 1 (Australia)
>
> lsmod says:
>
> wctdm                  30912  0
> wcfxo                   9344  0
> zaptel                180388  2 wctdm,wcfxo
>
> ztcfg -vv says:
>
> Zaptel Version: 1.4.4
> Echo Canceller: MG2
> Configuration
> ======================
>
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
> Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
> Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
>
> 4 channels to configure.
>
> cat /proc/zaptel/* says:
>
> Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"
>
> 	   1 WCTDM/0/0 FXOLS
> 	   2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS
> 	   3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS
> 	   4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS
>
> /etc/zaptel.conf is:
>
>  # Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"
> fxols=1
> fxsks=2
> fxsks=3
> fxsks=4
>
> # Global data
> loadzone	= au
> defaultzone	= au

Just off hand - isn't that backwards?

Isn't it global first before the channels???

Right in the file it says:
# Now apply the configuration to the specified channels:
#
# # We are all done with our channel parameters, so now we specify what
# # channels they apply to channels=1-4

What least that is alway what I have done...

Brett