[asterisk-users] cdr_custom outout to serial port

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Sat Apr 12 09:21:40 CDT 2008

On April 12, 2008 03:12:31 am Col Ferguson wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a system in a motel that needs call billing data output through its
> serial port so the existing motel management software can collect the call
> billing info.
> Is there any easy way to redirect the data that goes into the
> cdr_custom/Master.csv file to go out the serial port ?

I've written a few variants of what I call a "CDR MUX" -- a little application
that reads CDRs from a legacy system via serial port, reads CDRs from
Asterisk, combines them and outputs them in a specific format out another
serial port for some third-party billing system.

Essentially that's what you're asking for, minus the legacy system part.  I
imagine the billing system isn't interested in a straight "tail -f
> /dev/ttyS1" output, so some level of translation would be required.

-A.