[asterisk-users] NAT issue with Fortinet Firewall

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Apr 11 22:37:26 CDT 2008

FYI, I have probably 10 Fortinet units with multiple SIP phones behind
each and all of the phones work flawlessly.  As long as the Fortinet is
ver 3.0 or newer, it does NAT so that you don't need to have nat=yes on
*.  No pinholes or static nat or anything, it just works.

As a side note, I probably have 20+ Cisco PIX's with the same setup and
they work flawlessly too.  I've seen a lot of people saying "fixup sip"
breaks phones, but not that I have seen.  I just let the PIX do nat and
it works fine.