[asterisk-users] Asterisk and the Mitel SX 200 integration

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Fri Apr 11 18:06:12 CDT 2008

At 17:32 4/11/2008, John covici wrote:
 >Hi.  One of my clients has an old Mitel SX 200 with a separate
 >computer doing the voicemail and auto attendant and integrated via a
 >COV card which is in his case an ISA card!

Is it an ActiveVoice system?

 >We would all like to
 >migrate to asterisk, but as a first step, can asterisk integrate into
 >the Mitel, so it can serve as auto attendant and the voicemail for the
 >extensions?

We've got a client with the exact same setup.
They have suffered long enough with this
dinosaur.  They are in the process of going
with an all-Asterisk system.

You would probably make more money trying an
intermediate step using the SX-200 and Asterisk,
but it would be obviously more costly for them
as well as prolong their misery.

It's your call, but I would recommend getting
away from 30 year old technology as fast as
you can run.  The ActiveVoice system is a
cantankerous 20 year old system in itself.

You have just received 2 cents worth of advice
for FREE!