[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good??

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Thu Apr 10 15:05:47 CDT 2008

Remember - True TELCO grade systems simply cannot be compared to
anything else.
You want the reliability , uptime, and all the bells and whistles of
true Carrier Grade Hardware/Software
then you pay for it. If you want something "you" can tinker under the
hood with and do some cool
stuff with, Asterisk is it. BUT - by it need  NORTEL PBX reliability or
the power and flexibility
of a big Rockwell ACD, get out your check book. The two are not the same.