[asterisk-users] Jumped from 1.2.7 to 1.4.19, missing CLI colors

Joshua Kinard jkinard at closeup.org
Thu Apr 10 12:35:55 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:08 PM

> Or maybe it's plain buggy. Bug reports are welcomed.

Nah, I think it was PEBKAC and PICNIC here :: sheepish grin ::

I tried adding -vvvv-style options to the DAEMON var assignment, and it looks like the -f check further down didn't like that.  I'll look into the sysconfig setting...more used to Gentoo setups than SuSE.

> BTW: why do you prefer it to start verbosely? This tends to clutter the
> logs with useless information.

Oh, this is just for a faxing system.  We have an ancient Rolm in place for the actual phone calls.  I want to monitor/log things when I roll it out for testing to catch any oddities that may occur with inbound and outbound faxes.  Communication between it and the Rolm sometimes went to "sleep" (I sent a mail here on that, but got no responses), and so, I want to watch for it in case it happens again.  Might've been a bug fixed in the newer releases of zaptel and asterisk (which I'm running now).

--J