[asterisk-users] TE121, echo issues, NMIs

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Thu Apr 10 12:25:56 CDT 2008

>> (The only issue we've had with the TE121 is echo on voice calls, even
>> with the hardware echo cancelling module and lots of zapata.conf tuning...

> did You EVER get the echo resolved ?  How ?

We managed to get it tuned to the point where user complaints are
minimal, but there is definitely still a problem.  We've also had
Asterisk randomly die a few times.  Nothing is written to the logs in
these cases.

Digium investigated the echo issue (over SSH) and claimed that my
"system is handling several non-maskable interrupts" and that I should
pull out the TE121 and watch /proc/interrupts.  I can't really pull a
production system down for that kind of invasive testing, so we're just
living with it at the moment.

If anyone knows of a particular server in which the TE121 is known to
work *reliably*, I'd be much obliged.  We thought that a SuperMicro
server would be a decent choice, but apparently that's not the case.

--
Kevin DeGraaf