[asterisk-users] Jumped from 1.2.7 to 1.4.19, missing CLI colors

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Apr 10 12:07:56 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:48:05PM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:

> Hmm, interesting, initially it wasn't working.  Maybe I started it from
> outside of screen?  Odd.

Or maybe it's plain buggy. Bug reports are welcomed.

> BTW, is it possible for the SuSE script to support a variable to pass
> args to the daemon?  Like perhaps modifying ASTARGS to be a changable
> param at the top of the script?  I like the verbose output, and
> attempting to add it there myself (and change Line 71 to recognize
> its existence) didn't pan out right.  Right now, I have to manually
> send "core set verbose 999" when connecting in.

init.d script source extra parameters from /etc/sysconfig/<scriptname>
(/etc/default/<scriptname> on Debian).

Set this variable in that /etc/sysconfig/asterisk (to -Fvv)

BTW: why do you prefer it to start verbosely? This tends to clutter the
logs with useless information.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com