[asterisk-users] Jumped from 1.2.7 to 1.4.19, missing CLI colors

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Apr 10 11:29:32 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:43:18AM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:

> Seconded/thirded too.  Went from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19, stopped using -c and went to background and connecting using -r, and colors disappeared for me as well.  I'm using screen as well (ls -l --color=auto works fine in screen too).
>
> Is there a documented "fix" available, or is this more just an odd curiosity regarding termtypes?

Yes. THe patch is pretty simple:

http://bugs.digium.com/9048

Basically Asterisk explicitly disables colors support when you try to
open a remote terminal. In that patch I explicitly set the terminal
type.

This is a very silly hack - when you use a remote console you could not
care less about the local console. Sadly Asterisk assumes that your
remote console uses exactly the same settings (and escape sequences) as
the local one.

The fact that this has not generated many bug reports only serves to show
how much compatible (to "ansi") are different terminals these days. At
least for the basics.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com