[asterisk-users] UK POTS - Is there a better card than TDM400P available ?

Matt Brown matt at mbrown.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 04:44:39 CDT 2008

Hi James,

> I've installed the 1.2.x zaptel drivers, this still doesn't work. Is
> there anyone
> in the UK who's successfully got a TDM410P to support caller id or
> am I just
> wasting my time?

I can (after many hours of testing) confirm that Zaptel 1.4.5.1 with
the following patch to wctd.c does appear to give the best results.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9264

(However fails to patch against any newer version of Zaptel)

Distinctive ring is broken :( it reports 0,0,0 for both ring types.

So to conclude, Zaptel 1.4.5.1 + patch and Asterisk 1.4.19 - does
appear to work.

I am just confused why the patch above has failed to make it into the
main Zaptel branch as this would resolve the CID problem for a lot of
people.

Matt