[asterisk-users] PINCH: Reply-to-munging (was: Where is the Digium DS3 card?)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 7 12:48:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:11:34AM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> So the question comes down to, do you reply to the list more often or
> do you reply off the list more often?  Because the more frequent case
> wins.

That *really* is not the question.

The question is: which causes more grief to more people: accidentally
putting a public reply into private email...

or accidentally posting "Yeah, isn't Tilghman an a$$hole??" to the
list.  :-)

"My mailer isn't smart enough to have 'List Reply'" is *really* not a
valid response to that, no matter how many people say it.

But this is an R-war that no one will ever settle (except mailing list
manager authors; I was there in person when Barry Warsaw made sure that
munging was *not* the default in Mailman, and strenuously advised list
managers not to turn it on), so we should probably drop it here, now,
too.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.