[asterisk-users] UK POTS - Is there a better card than TDM400P available ?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Apr 7 02:33:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, James Williamson wrote:

> Snap,
>
> Well, after trying to buying a TDM400P and then getting persuaded to buy
> a TDM410P
> because they no longer sell the 400 model I'd say I'm not impressed. It
> took three 2.6
> kernel builds (zaptel 1.4 won't even build with the latest kernel
> release) before I finally got the
> kernel to build and recognise the device. Can't get callerid to work,
> have followed the instructions
> to the letter, does it really have to be this hard? Must say I'm tempted
> to just send the card
> back and forget about it and just use Cisco CallManager. Digium's
> support to be fair have been
> responsive but unable to help.

I've looked at the OpenVox cards and will probably buy one of them next
time I need an analogue card - eg.

   http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-analog-cards-openvox-a400p-c-23_160_161_164.html

And I've stuck with 1.2 for the time being... There is a patch mentioned
here recently to make UK callerId work, and also OSLEC is essential (and
bloody good!)

>> UK CID
>> Distinctive Ring Detection.

No experience of this though..

>> ( or is there an Asterisk version and Zaptel version in the 1.4 branch
>> that fixes these issues ? )

than it solves - certinly for my application of asterisk (which is mostly
the SME PBX market and a couple of virtual PBX boxes with SIP and IAX
trunks).

Gordon