[asterisk-users] Question about Cisco IP phone + Asterisk + channels

Jon Miron mironj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:07:01 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm planning on picking up a Cisco IP phone or 2 and have a question
about the multiple lines feature of them, and Asterisk channels in
general.  Lets say I have 2 Cisco IP phones and a call comes in, each
one rings line 1, and I pick up.  Is there any way to have
notification on the other phone that I'm currently on that channel?
If so, then what about if a 2nd call comes in, will it automatically
start ringing the 2nd line on the phone?  I've never played around
with these phones except at my wife's college dorm, which wasn't much.

Basically right now I have some ATAs with cordless phones hooked up to
them and each ATA has it's own line sort to speak (I'm sure you guys
know what I mean), where as one call comes in and whoever answers
first wins the channel.

If anyone is confused by this and needs clarification, let me know.
Thanks in advance! :)