[asterisk-users] Low Volume on Recorded Voicemail Messages

John Meksavan jmeksavan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:06:49 CDT 2008

Asterisk Users,

  I am running Asterisk 1.4.11, Zaptel
1.4.5.1, and Librpi 1.4.1 on a Debian "Etch" system.  On the recorded
voice mail messages, the volume is really low when retrieving them with
my cell phone.  I tried with multiple cell phones with the volume level
high and still, the same problem.

  I tried everything from changing rxgain and txgain in the zapata.conf
to added the g option in the voicemail option.  So, I tried writing a
script with sox to increase the volume of the voicemail message in the
INBOX, but did not have any luck

 Can somebody help me with this?  Or have a patch for the voicemail
application that would work to increase the volume of voicemail
messages.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

John