[asterisk-users] Ring back when free?

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Fri Apr 4 08:38:38 CDT 2008

Trouble with making it event driven (through the 'h' extension) is as
follows:

Imagine the user simply has his phone OFF hook (analog phone or an ip
phone like the grandstream which would report BUSY if cradle is
lifted).

Placing this cradle back generates NO sip events, the phone simply
becomes 'free'. Other than this scenario using the 'h' extension to read
off a DB (which gets populated on pressing 5) should work just fine.