[asterisk-users] ISPBX Announces COGOBLUE Interface andPBX Appliances

John Signorello jsignorello at ispbx.com
Thu Apr 3 23:17:13 CDT 2008

My comments were in no way an indictment of "free" software.
Yes,, we use Asterisk and it is fantastic.
Yes , we use Linux.and it is fantastic.

I pay to use UltraEdit as my text editor.
I like it better than the "free" ones that are out.

Does suggesting that some proprietary software has
features whose benefits outweigh some of the "free" ones
mean I an denigrating all "free" software??????

The answer is NO.

Do you load every distribution of Linux on your machine?
No, you use the distribution that has the features you like and need.
If you had to pay $10 for your favorite distro, would you stop using it?
Probably not.
If you had to pay $100 for your distro, would you stop using it?
Hard to say, you would probably weigh the relative benefits of the $100
distro versus
the free ones. If the $100 distro had features, whose benefits (to you)
exceeded those of the free ones,
you might buy it. Is that analysis an indictment of all "free" software?

Of course not.