[asterisk-users] Asterisk parked calls and callerid

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Wed Apr 2 15:45:26 CDT 2008

Hi list,

sorry if this has been discussed in the past, but I couldn't find anything
wise about it.

Since we had some trouble with the builtin hold function of some (all?) SNOM
320/360
phones, we decided to use the call parking feature in asterisk instead.

Assume, a call comes in with CALLERID(num) 1234567 for extension 10.
Extension 10 parks this call into 801, dials extension 11 and asks if she/he
could
fetch the call on parkposition 801.
Extension 11 dials 801 and get's the call and can only see 801 in the phones
display.

So, how could we get the original CALLERID(num) 1234567 back in the phones
display?
Using a channel variable or use astdb comes in mind, but what is the best
way to achieve
this?
In regular pbx systems this seems to be a "standard" function.
Any ideas on this?

Here some of the involved configs
in extensions.conf:

[parkedcalls]
exten =>  80[1-5],1,NoCDR()
exten =>  80[1-5],2,ParkedCall(${EXTEN})

in features.conf:

[general]
parkext => 800
parkpos => 801-805
context => parkedcalls
parkingtime => 60

We are using SVN-branch-1.4-r96449 and other, older versions of asterisk

Regards

Guido

gwsNetTech
Guido Hecken