[asterisk-users] zaptel alarm

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Wed Apr 2 15:23:36 CDT 2008

Greg Woods wrote:
> Shaun Ruffell wrote:
>
>>  >> svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4@4122
>>       zaptel-1.4-4122
>>

> Thank you, I will try that tonight when  I get home and report back.
>
> --Greg

Do you have access to a phone line simulator?  It could be your TDM card
has gone bad.  I had an issue with some X100P's repeatedly burning out.
After a rather lengthy investigation that turned up no solution I
resorted to trial and error.  Turns out the cords that ran between the
wall jack and the jacks on the X100P cords all ran between the server's
21" CRT monitor and the wall.  The server was degaussing or something
every evening and the resulting magnetic surge was burning out the X100P
card.  If you've had a recent lightning storm with cloud to ground
lightning anywhere in the area there is a strong possibility that the
TDM card has been damaged.

There could also be an error in the RPM's though.  I'd recommend trying
rebuilding the zaptel drivers and Asterisk from source and seeing if
that changes anything.

Good luck,
Brent