[asterisk-users] Virtual or Hardware SIP Modem

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 05:09:27 CDT 2008

You can get much better results (close to 56k reliable connections
sometimes) by using a Xorcom FXO Channelbank - You need recent enough
drivers so that the Xorcom internal clock can be synced to Zaptel;
This removes/reduces jitter and frame slippage, and allows a modem to
operate much more reliably.

Regards,
Steve