[asterisk-users] g729 encoder/decoder

Jaswinder Singh vicky.r at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:40:49 CDT 2008

When g729 phone calls another g729 phone and you are not recording
calls or doing meetme with them  then license is not required ... g729
phone calling g711 will require a license to transcode the g729 side (
no license for g711 side of call ) . In short anytime u need to
convert g729 into some other codec ( transcoding ) you need 1 license
.