[asterisk-users] odd audio problem

Peter ploeppky at porchlight.ca
Fri Sep 28 13:53:24 CDT 2007

I am having an odd audio problem.  See setup diagram below.  When a call
comes in it get routed through the 1st asterisk box (currently running
1.2) through another asterisk box (running 1.4.11).  All audio is good.

When I upgraded the 1st asterisk box to 1.4.11.  A call comes in, relays
to the 2nd asterisk box.  The AA answers the call and the audio is good.
Once the call is forwarded to an agent.  The agent hears everything no
problem, but the audio returned to the callers is really bad.  It sounds
like it is missing 75% of the audio.

There is no packet loss and 10 ms ping times between the two asterisk
boxes.  All audio streams are g729 and there is no trans coding anywhere.

When I recorded the audio on both asterisk boxes using Mixmonitor, the
recorded files sounded good.

+---------+
| TNT MAX |
+---------+