[asterisk-users] How can I know if I wrote the configuration like correctly

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Fri Sep 28 08:16:35 CDT 2007

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi list;
>
> While I am writing my configuration on the .conf
> files, I would like to know if I wrote the command in
> write syntax (form), there is not any way to check if
> I am writing correct or not (other than checking my
> documentation)?
>
> Also, is there any method for searching on specific
> topic about asterisk (a command details and usage),
> from my computer (like help and so on)?
>
> Regards
> Bilal

www.voip-info.com is useful but some of it is very outdated.  Logging
into the console can also be helpful by doing asterisk -r and then show
application "whatever".

tempest*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'ZapScan' =-

[Synopsis]
Scan Zap channels to monitor calls

[Description]
  ZapScan([group]) allows a call center manager to monitor Zap channels in
a convenient way.  Use '#' to select the next channel and use '*' to exit
Limit scanning to a channel GROUP by setting the option group argument.

Thanks,
Steve