[asterisk-users] Which Asterisk version to use?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Sep 27 13:16:54 CDT 2007

Use whatever stable version your distro, in your case Debian" provides, it is your best options; especially when starting.
As to GUI - it is not a good option, you will not learn much, in addition if your GUI will not work and you need to fix something
you are stuck.
Go the way everybody does, use command line and your editor; it is not that hard; there are only few files you have to edit.
It is your best chance to learn something.

#Joseph

On 09/27/07 13:01, Jim Canfield wrote:
>    Eric B. wrote:
>
>  site and got to chapter 4 or 5 and decided to take a break.  Which is when I
>  found AsteriskNow and TriBox and then started wondering if it was really
>  necessary / worthwhile to figure out all the intricacies of the application
>  if someones have already created the appliance version of it.  In which
>  case, I was very confused as to the difference btwn AsteriskNow and TriBox.
>
>  Thanks!
[snip]