[asterisk-users] Which Asterisk version to use?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:15:18 CDT 2007

"Bob Pierce" <pierceb at westmancom.com> wrote in message
news:1190909963.31184.19.camel at pc703.westman.int...
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:48 -0400, Eric B. wrote:
>> I'm a complete newbie to Asterisk and have been reading through
>> documentation and sites for the last couple of hours trying to
>> understand what to do to start my learning curve with Asterisk, and am
>> very confused.
>
> The best starting point IMHO is simply to buy the new O'Reilly Book
> "Asterisk - The Future of Telephony" and follow the instructions there
> to install and configure Asterisk 1.4 on top of your favourite Linux
> Distro.

Oh - I've already started that as well; I downloaded the PDF from the doc
site and got to chapter 4 or 5 and decided to take a break.  Which is when I
found AsteriskNow and TriBox and then started wondering if it was really
necessary / worthwhile to figure out all the intricacies of the application
if someones have already created the appliance version of it.  In which
case, I was very confused as to the difference btwn AsteriskNow and TriBox.

Thanks!

Eric