[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2020 / 2000

cb cb at mythtech.net
Wed Sep 26 10:16:11 CDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Ricardo Carvalho wrote:

> All phones have firmware version 1.1.1.14; we are testing new
> stable version 1.1.4.18 but by now we found that some phones freeze
> sometimes - version 1.1.1.14 seems more stable.

I'm not sure which firmware I'm running on my GXP2000 (I only have
one at current), but I did find that it does not like my DHCP server.
If I set the phone to use DHCP it would freeze periodically when it
tried to renew the DHCP lease. I'd have to yank the power to get it
to reset.

Changing to static IP fixed the problem and I haven't had any
freezing with it since (6 months+ now).

I can't say if this is specifically a Grandstream issue with the DHCP
as I also know that Windows 98 doesn't like my DHCP server either and
fails to renew leases properly as well. So I could just have a crappy
DHCP server in place at that location and it may be the true source
of the Grandstream's DHCP problems.

Figured I'd let you know in case you are using DHCP you may want to
try static and see if the freezing stops for you as well.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>