[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP2020 / 2000

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:58:03 CDT 2007

We've a site with about 200 Grandstream GXP2000 phones, and they work quite
well.
We made some CGI Perl scripts to mass-deploy and manage their configurations
from a MySQL DB into a TFTP server, where the phones go to download their
binaries. With some initial work, now it has become easy to manage the site.
All phones have firmware version 1.1.1.14; we are testing new stable version
1.1.4.18 but by now we found that some phones freeze sometimes - version
1.1.1.14 seems more stable.
One thing they lack is the ability to dial alphanumeric contacts (URI
dials), we hope future firmware corrects this issue.
Older ones hadn't so much good hands-free speaker, but recent ones have a
better DSP from Texas Instruments.

Althow they're not the best choice in the market (like Cisco or Polycom),
they represent a good price/quality ratio.

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.