[asterisk-users] SIP and Firewall

Guenther Sohler guenther.sohler at gmx.at
Sat Sep 22 11:01:00 CDT 2007

Hallo,

I'd like to correctly set up my firewall in my system for udp and asterisk

I have got a server, which has got one static ip adress to the internet.
Asterisks is running on this server.
It registers at sipgate.at and mujtelefon.com
The Server also does nat to the my intranet, where my pc and my hardware sip
phone sits. The Hardware sip phone registers to asterisk on my server
from its intranet ip adress. Everything works fine.

The question is just: How to code good stateful firewall rules with iptables
and netfilter_sip ?
What would be apropriate to my system ?

rds