[asterisk-users] Problems Connecting Two Asterisk Installs Via ISDN PRI Cards

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:25:05 CDT 2007

Brian,

I hope this helps, it is slightly different from what you have
setup.  Here is what I used to connect my asterisk server to our
Norstar Meridian.  The Norstar T1 was setup as pri_cpe with the 24th
channel as D. Check out this webpage for making a T1 crossover cable :
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/crossover+T1+cable

You should also try making/obtaining a T1 loopback adapter and test
both cards.
http://www.adtran.com/adtranpx/Doc/0/FMPI9MBKGJBH39S8038BE81ID8/
CU-2abf1b83844b11d78ff20c045003.html

Just curious, which cards are you using?

On zapata.conf below in the norstar section, I set my timing source
to be 0.  This is because I am getting timing from the first span.
If you are only connecting the two machines together and neither one
has other T1's going to a telco.  Then just set one of them as
primary (1) and the other as do not use (0).
span=(spannum),(timing),(LBO),(framing),(coding)

Zaptel.conf
--------------
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#PRI to TimeWarner
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

#PRI to Norstar Meridian
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=25-47
dchan=48

#TDM800 Card
fxoks=49-52
fxsks=53-56

Zaptel.conf
--------------
[channels]
;Time Warner T1 (SPAN 1)
context=tw-pri-in
group=2
;Echo Cancel turns on the Octastic Hardware Canceller on the card
echocancel=yes
; Tell Asterisk to reset the channels every two hours
resetinterval = 7200
; Relax DTMF
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0