[asterisk-users] Problems Connecting Two Asterisk Installs Via ISDN PRI Cards

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Sep 21 09:22:32 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 09:31 -0400, Brian Alexander wrote:
> I tried two other cables this morning with the same results...

Hmmnn... what kind of cable are you using?  You're using a T1-crossover
cable, correct?  (Not an ethernet crossover, not a straight-through
ethernet cable.)

Check out the images I've just placed at
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/cables/ to check to see if your T1 crossover
is wired correctly.  For a T1 cross-over cable, one end of the cable
should match the "Straight" diagram and the other end should look like
the "T1 crossover" diagram.

> Have any of you connected two asterisk machines by t1 crossover using
> pri_net/pri_cpe signaling? I am completely stumped and would love to
> know that some had done this and what their configuration look like.

I've done it hundreds of times! I didn't see anything obvious in the
configs you posted earlier, but I'll admit I probably didn't spend
enough time looking at them in great detail.  I'll try to go back and
take a look and see if anything seems out of the ordinary.

-Jared