[asterisk-users] Why does everyone seem to dislike *now?

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 08:23:43 CDT 2007

On 18 Sep 2007, at 18:11, Eric ManxPower Wieling wrote:

> If the #AsteriskNOW channel is dead on IRC that does not mean you can
> bring your problems to a channel dedicated to Asterisk (i.e. no GUI).
> Go ahead and use AsteriskNOW, but don't pester the people in
> #asterisk,
> most of which have never used it and many have never even heard of it.

My 2c on this....

I don't think IRC is the natural habitat of people who like NOW,
NOW is for people who like web based GUIs. You are much more likely
to find them over in the web based digium forums.

I've been using NOW recently as a test environment. Basically
you can stick a single CD in a PC, re-install and have a know
good asterisk with all the right modules in minutes. When you
trash the machine, you can get back to the starting point in
a few minutes.

Tim.