[asterisk-users] GROUP() issues for me

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Sep 20 21:46:58 CDT 2007

Nicholas Blasgen wrote:
>> exten => 555,1,Dial(Local/1234567890/n)
>>
>> note the /n
>

> I'm going to try this in a bit (can't hurt anything, might as well), but I'd
> like to understand you're reasoning.  You're dialing an extra extension?
>
> I'm also going to be trying this with Asterisk 1.6 TRUNK to see if it's even
> a current issues in the development branch but I wont have a chance untill
> tomorrow sometime.

read localchannel.txt or whatever obvious file in your version of
Asterisk.  /path/to/src/asterisk/docs/

Also, you need an @context, for example:
   exten => 555,1,Dial(Local/1234567890 at corporate/n)

Where "corporate" is whatever context the extension 1234567890 is
located in.  Maybe not needing a context is new in 1.4, but the doc file
would tell you.