[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.24 simultaneous call limits.

Wai Wu wkwu at calltrol.com
Thu Sep 20 17:31:34 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am running into wall today with simultaneous call limits. I have two
Asterisk machines (fast 3GHz C2D with 2GB of ram). I tried to create a
lot of sip calls from one machine to the other by issuing AMI Originate
commands to one machine. The machine that makes calls plays a message
(demo-intruct) upon the other machine answer. The machine receives the
calls just waits for 40 seconds then hangs up. Throught the manager
connection, I was creating 10 calls per-second. I also have sip phone
registered with the calling machine. At around 150 to 200 calls. When I
call the machine that's making all the calls, most of the calls couldn't
go through. For the ones that went through, most of them will drop off
within seconds of the call. But here is catch. When I run 'top', the cpu
is idling 97%. My question is. Is there a limit on the number of
simultaneous calls Asterisk can handle? I know I have very fast systems.
Shouldn't they be able to handle that many calls? What is your take?

Thnx