[asterisk-users] Softphone RTP Session Start-up Delay

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Thu Sep 20 09:36:31 CDT 2007

Thanks for the reply.  I actually found the problem by inserting print statements in the code and checking which operations took the most time.  I found that one line was taking a long time to run.  The line was the following

RTPManager.addtarget(destAddress)

After googling this for a while, I found a solution on a JMF site which recommended a minor change in the way that the destAddress is obtained.  After making this change the delay was removed.

Thanks,

Denis