[asterisk-users] Interesting Conference Request - Can this be done ?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Sep 19 08:28:12 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 18:43:08 Steve Totaro wrote:
> Dovid B wrote:
> > I have a client that has an interesting request. He wants to have
> > people call in to a conference room and all be able to talk however
> > they should not hear each other. There should be admin access to for
> > one user to call in and be able to listen in to everyone that is
> > talking (they may want this admin to be able to talk to).
>
> WHAT?  I don't get it.  What good is a conference if nobody can hear
> each other?  Is this to spy on offices and other locations with phones
> or something?

One such use is to enable agents who spend most of the day repeating
themselves to help more than one person at a time.  It's like a Queue, where
the MOH is the current conversation (but only the agent being heard).  Usually
this enables people waiting in Queue to hear a possible solution to their
problem and they drop off the Queue, with a solution in hand.  This saves time
with the Agent and it also saves time with some callers, as they get the
appropriate solution without having to wait for their turn to talk to the
Agent.

I haven't seen this solution in use on the telephone, but I have seen the
technique used with online chat, and it is very effective.

--
Tilghman