[asterisk-users] Useful GUI? [Was: Why does everyone seem to dislike *now?]

Brandon Kruse bkruse at digium.com
Tue Sep 18 09:20:25 CDT 2007

the GUI does NOT have meta-data in the sense you think of.

I can seamlessly operate a full PBX through the GUI and add
things myself, it is VERY simple.

The [default] context is global for the other numberplans (trunks/users)

There is no problem with overwriting files if you do it right.

When you visit a page, the GUI loads the information from the
proper config files, then when you save, it saves the information.

If you do something in between, there is nothing the GUI can do about it.

However, it does not overwrite any of your contexts, sip users/iax users, zapata
settings, anything!

If you are just somewhat careful, it works great.

If ANYTHING comes up, report it to bugs.digium.com and I will fix it immediately!

-bk